Pancreatitis is inflammation of the pancreas. Pathology occurs in acute and chronic forms. The condition has fairly specific symptoms: severe pain in the left hypochondrium, sometimes belt-like, smelly stool, nausea and vomiting.
Diet in pancreatic pancreatitis is one of the main areas of treatment for pathologies. The patient's menu depends on the general state of health and the period of illness. It is necessary to adhere to the medical diet for several months.
Diet for pancreatitis of the pancreas should be sparing. Basic principles of nutrition:
- fractional nutrition - food must be taken in small portions five to six times a day;
- dishes should be pureed, which makes it easier to digest food;
- allowed cooking methods are steaming and boiling;
- Fresh vegetables and fruits are completely forbidden, i. H. not cooked;
- the allowable daily amount of salt is no more than 5 grams;
- it is mandatory to take infusions and decoctions on rose hip berries;
- dishes that are served on the table should be warm - hot and cold are contraindicated;
- Preservation, semi-finished products, fatty / fried / very salty foods and products are completely prohibited.
Deviation from the principles of dietary nutrition can provoke the development of an attack of pancreatitis.
Permitted and prohibited products
To reduce the production of pancreatic juice and reduce the load on the inflamed gland, it is necessary to completely exclude from the patient's diet:
- Soups in rich meat, fish and mushroom broths, as well as complex soups - cabbage soup, cucumber, borscht. Cold and dairy products are excluded.
- Bread - today's wheat / rye flour baked goods, puff pastries and pastries, pies fried in butter, tortillas.
- Fatty meat - pork, lamb, duck, goose - sausages, offal, canned and smoked meat.
- A fish. Fatty varieties, smoked, salted are prohibited.
- Lactic and lactic acid products with a high fat content.
- Groats - millet, pearl barley, wheat, corn.
- Fried and hard-boiled eggs.
- Vegetables - beets, radish, garlic, pepper, eggplant, cabbage, spinach.
- Sweets - jam, ice cream, fresh dates, grapes, bananas, figs.
- Spicy spices.
- Coffee, strongly brewed tea, coffee, soda, grape juice.
- Refractory fats - pork, beef, lamb.
When developing a daily menu, it is necessary to take into account the recommendations of nutritionists and use only approved products. That:
- dried loaf, cookies, homemade crackers;
- vegetarian soups with the addition of pureed vegetables - potatoes, zucchini, pumpkin, carrots - pasta, semolina or oatmeal;
- lean meat - chicken, rabbit, turkey - in the form of steamed cutlets, soufflé, dumplings, beef roganoff;
- low-fat types of fish - saithe, carp, cod;
- Grains - oatmeal, semolina, rice - are used to make cereals, casseroles, puddings;
- low-fat lactic and lactic acid products;
- Steam omelette without egg yolk;
- vegetables - potatoes, zucchini, beets, pumpkin, cauliflower, carrots, green peas;
- sweet berries and fruits in the form of mousse, jellies, puddings, baked apples;
- Sauces - dairy products and cooked in vegetable broth (if using flour, the latter is not sautéed);
- Butter and vegetable oil;
- weak tea with lemon, still mineral water, rose hip decoction, juices diluted with water.
Diet for acute pancreatitis
If we talk about what diet is recommended to the patient with an acute form of inflammation, then this is the treatment table 5P. During the first two to four days, a person is recommended to be completely hungry. Only liquid intake is allowed - a brew of rose hip berries, borjomi (without gas), weak tea. Then the patient switches to nutritional therapy. The menu may contain dishes that are unsalted but rich in carbohydrates.
An approximate list of dishes that can be included in the menu:
- Steam omelette on proteins;
- Meat soufflé;
- Fish and meat dumplings;
- pureed soups - rice and oatmeal - and vegetarian options;
- Vegetable purees;
- pureed porridge - rice, buckwheat, oatmeal;
- Apples in the form of jelly or mousse;
- Fruit drinks made from wild roseberries, cranberries, black currants;
- Tea with added milk;
- Cottage cheese and dishes made therefrom;
- Cereal puddings.
Before going to bed, you can offer kefir, yogurt, a glass of water with a spoon of honey dissolved in it, plums and raisins.
Approximate weekly menu
When creating a menu for a week, it should be remembered that the patient's diet should be varied. When developing a menu for a patient for the whole week, you can use the following recommendations.
Breakfast can be with a salad of boiled beets and dried fruit compote, 150 grams of low-fat cottage cheese and a decoction of rose hip berries, a steam omelette without egg yolk, weak tea with cookies, grated oatmeal and berry jelly, pumpkin mash, rose hip drink, cheese with cookies, buckwheat, rose hip broth, Compote.
Second breakfast: well-cooked rice porridge with steamed raisins, carrot salad with vegetable oil, apple stuffed with dried apricots and baked in the oven, pumpkin and carrot puree, boiled beets, apple baked with sugar.
Vegetarian soups are allowed for lunch, for example borscht, boiled fish garnished with boiled rice, boiled beef, cottage cheese casserole, steamed chicken schnitzel, noodles with boiled minced meat, sauté. Snack options: allowed fruit jelly, vegetable rolls, fresh berry jelly, fruit pudding, baked potatoes, sandwiches with butter and a slice of cheese, bean puree.
Dinner: Baked apple puree and low-fat yogurt, congee with raisins, varenets, vinaigrette and yogurt, steamed cauliflower, a glass of yogurt, zucchini caviar, kefir, steamed omelette, fermented baking milk, congee pudding and low-fat yogurt.
Alternating dishes can be used to create a "delicious" weekly menu that provides the patient's body with all the necessary substances, while at the same time providing the pancreas with a minimal load of nutrients. Below you will find recipes for some dishes.
Diet for the combined course of pancreatitis with gastritis or cholecystitis
If the underlying disease is accompanied by the development of cholecystitis, then the menu is allowed to include:
- slimy soups made from rice, oatmeal or semolina;
- pureed porridge, boiled in water, adding milk and butter is strictly forbidden;
- Vegetable juices, compotes;
- homemade white bread crotons;
- boiled meat puree, fish;
- low-fat cottage cheese.
With a combined course of pancreatitis and gastritis, the menu should include pureed soups made from oatmeal, rice and semolina, to which you can add egg yolks and a little butter, vegetable puree - potatoes, carrots, beets - with milk or cream, steamed soufflés, cutlets, etc. , dumplingsmade from minced meat and fish.
The strict option is only recommended during the acute phase of the disease. After the condition stabilizes, the person switches to a diet recommended for chronic pancreatitis.
Features of nutrition in childhood
The guiding principles of nutrition in children are fragmentation, maximum grind, compliance with the requirements of culinary processing and variety. Small portions, if served frequently, prevent the child from feeling hungry. In this case, there is no violation of the metabolic process.
Daily caloric intake is calculated based on the child's weight and age. In the remission phase, the menu is allowed to contain fresh vegetables and fruit (to a limited extent), but the basis of the diet is muesli with milk, minced meat dishes - chicken, turkey, vegetable soups without adding meat, fish - boiled or baked, boiled vegetables, dairy products. In small quantities and daily it is allowed to give the child marshmallows, jam, jam, jam, honey.
Important!When introducing a new product into the diet, it is necessary to monitor the child's condition.
We offer you several recipes for dishes that can be prepared with diagnosed pancreatitis.
Grind the cooked beef (130g) in a blender bowl. Add semolina (10 g), beaten egg white, egg yolk and a little water (approx. 1/3 cup) to the puree. Add a couple of salt crystals. Grease the form with oil, put the prepared minced meat in it and cook in a water bath.
Mince lean fish (300 g) in a meat grinder. Grind a quarter of the dried bread and pour the pieces with milk (100 ml). Squeeze the bread and mix it with the minced meat, add a couple of whipped proteins. Add salt and mix thoroughly. Shape small balls with two spoons and cook in salted water until soft. This takes about 15 minutes.
Vegetable puree soup
Cook until potatoes (2 pcs. ), Carrots and half a small zucchini are completely cooked. Pour the broth into a separate bowl and puree the vegetables with a blender. Pour the puree with the broth to the desired consistency and bring to the boil. Cook for 3 minutes. Serve warm with a spoonful of sour cream in the soup.
The fish carcass must be divided into two fillets. Bring the first to a boil and rub through a sieve. Grind the second part in a meat grinder. Combine both masses, add egg yolks, butter, salt. Knead. Divide into portion forms and steam.
Mince cooked chicken in a meat grinder. Add the egg yolks and butter to the minced meat. Mix thoroughly. Then carefully add whipped white to the fluffy foam. Pour the mixture into a mold and steam.
Dissolve 2 packs of gelatine according to the instructions. Add 250 ml of natural yoghurt from it. Steam a few bananas and peeled peaches. Place the foil on the bottom of the plastic mold. Shape the dessert in layers - biscuit crumbs, yogurt cream with gelatin, banana and peach puree. Alternating layers. Put the sweetness in the refrigerator so that the jelly sets.
Adherence to the principles of dietary nutrition in pancreatitis is a prerequisite for achieving sustained and long-term remission. The menu for patients with pancreatitis in adults and children, with the right approach to development, can be very varied and fully satisfy all the needs of the body.