Smoothies for weight loss and body cleansing are low-calorie, tasty drinks similar to mashed potatoes that are used as a detox by dieters. There are different opinions on this topic, but it is difficult to dispute the overall benefits of the product for the body. It contains more vitamins, minerals, and other beneficial substances than juices, and they are digested and absorbed faster than whole fruits and vegetables. But smoothies can also damage the digestive tract if you drink them too often. So don't look at cocktails as a panacea for diseases. But they will be able to cleanse the body of toxins, tone and saturate it with vitamins. How can you do that? let's read
Benefits of a smoothie for cleansing
Detox smoothies for weight loss and body cleansing are a great alternative to the juice diet. They also contain nutrients, but unlike juices, they also contain fiber. It is an important ingredient in purification.
Cellulose is a dietary fiber. Once in the digestive tract, they are not digested, but swell and accumulate toxins and toxins, which then leave the body along with undigested residues. Fiber can be compared to a broom that cleans the intestinal walls. At the same time, fiber is a breeding ground for beneficial bacteria and improves the microflora.
Scientists have proven that fiber in low-calorie diets helps reduce weight. 345 participants submitted records of their food intake. Several low-calorie diets have been analyzed, but all have shown an association between fiber intake and weight loss.
Fiber helps reduce calorie intake. Once in the stomach and intestines, it swells and gives a feeling of satiety. Scientists have found that the fibers themselves have no energy value and sometimes require additional expense for fermentation. If you consume fiber, you can reach -20 to +10 kJ / g on average.
Since smoothies for cleansing the body of toxins are mainly fruits and vegetables, smoothies are rich in antioxidants. These substances neutralize radionuclides and prevent the development of cancer. They slow down the aging and destruction process at the cellular level.
Vegetables and fruits clean not only the intestines, but also the blood. A low-calorie smoothie diet can lower cholesterol, clear plaque, and prevent atherosclerosis.
The smoothie diet has other benefits:
- metabolism is normalized;
- the feeling of heaviness in the stomach disappears;
- weight loss occurs;
- there is no feeling of hunger;
- improves immunity;
- body tone appears;
- the habit of eating low-calorie dishes is developed;
- there is willpower to refuse sweets.
Unfortunately, not all people, even when they switch to a balanced diet, understand why they do it and try to adapt old eating habits to a new diet. For example, in the most useful smoothies for cleansing the body, they add sugar or jam! Such cocktails have a richer taste, but due to the abundance of sweets, they further burden the intestines and encourage the growth of harmful bacteria.
If the drink does not seem filling enough, you can add a banana, yogurt or kefir, which will satisfy hunger well. They give enough energy, but do not interfere with the cleaning process.
What are smoothies and how do you make them?
You can add fruits and vegetables, fermented milk drinks, tea, water or juices, cereals and nuts to the cocktail. All ingredients are perfectly combined with each other. Depending on the ingredients and their effect on the body, smoothies are divided into several types:
- Awakening.These are drinks that give you an energy boost throughout the day, so drink them in the morning or before a workout. The basis of the cocktail is usually a banana, yoghurt, cottage cheese or granola flakes. These are quite high-calorie foods, so eating them at night is undesirable.
- reassuring.These cocktails are consumed before bedtime. They are light, do not contain high-calorie products. Based on soy or almond milk.
- fat burningDrinks contain foods that speed up metabolism: pineapple, grapefruit, lemon, orange, as well as hot spices and spices (cinnamon, ginger, coriander).
- To clean.Detox shakes are enriched with an antioxidant effect, so they contain a variety of vegetables and fruits.
The composition of a cocktail can be divided into 3 parts: liquid base (tea, water, juice, kefir or yogurt), solid components (vegetables or fruits), additives. It is best to use natural products that are harvested according to the season. If you use store-bought vegetables and fruits, wash and peel them thoroughly before cooking. It is often rubbed with chemicals or wax for better preservation. Agree that such a smoothie is unlikely to improve your health!
A traditional cocktail is 60% vegetables and 40% fruit, but you don't have to stick to that mindset. Green body cleansing smoothies contain 60-70% greens.
A tool for making smoothies is a hand blender or in the form of a bowl. To facilitate the work of the device, chop the solid components in advance. Prepare a homemade cocktail of any strength, but the result should be a homogeneous mixture with a pleasantly rich shade.
Smoothie Cleaning Principles
I advise you to approach the smoothie diet to gradually cleanse the body. I had a 3 day fruit and veg smoothie cleanse experience and I have to say it's not that easy to take. Although you can add protein and grains to smoothies, the stomach lacks solid food. In a cocktail, fiber enters the digestive tract in a ground form. They quickly get into the intestines and soon hunger makes itself felt. The stomach secretes hydrochloric acid, which is extremely dangerous on a long-term smoothie diet. There is acute pain in the area of \u200b\u200bthe solar plexus, and doctors say that such a diet can lead to an ulcer.
To keep cleansing from becoming stressful for the body, reduce your calorie intake in a few days by eliminating fried, greasy, salty foods from your diet. Instead, eat boiled lean meat or fish, muesli. Drink more purified water (up to 2 liters per day).
If you have never cleansed your body before, start with a day of fasting with a smoothie: in the first phase this will be enough. If you tolerate the shake diet well, repeat the attempt every week. After 1-2 months, you can increase the interval to 3 days.
You can stick to a smoothie diet for no more than 5-7 days. The digestive system needs solid food to function properly.
On fasting days, drink different smoothies every 2-3 hours. Drink plenty of fluids between meals to help the fiber found in fruits and vegetables swell and cleanse the colon. The liquid helps remove toxins and stones.
Only drink smoothies through a straw, as many ingredients in cocktails negatively affect tooth enamel. Scientists analyzed the effects of vegetable and fruit smoothies and found that there is a 15 micron loss of calcium and fluoride throughout the day. To avoid the damaging effects of juices on tooth enamel, rinse your mouth after each meal.
Gradually phase out the diet. Do not immediately load the stomach and refer to the usual menu. Include solid vegetables and fruits on the first day. Then, at the last step, you can enter cereals in the menu - lean meat and fish. Then the purification will be effective and not in vain.
Popular smoothie recipes
The principle of preparation is the same for all smoothie recipes for weight loss and body cleansing. If cooking in a blender bowl, pour in the liquid ingredients. Next, peel the fruit and vegetables from the skin, cut into pieces and place in a bowl. It remains to grind. If using an immersion blender, place all ingredients in a suitable container and blend thoroughly. It is better to drink smoothies right after preparing them.
3 recipes to help you get leaner and healthier:
- With kiwi, honey and oatmeal. 3 art. l. Pour oatmeal with a glass of kefir and leave for 5 minutes. Cut the kiwi, banana and peeled apple into a blender bowl. Grind, add honey and cinnamon to taste.
- Green smoothie recipe to cleanse the body. Chop 2 pre-frozen bananas and place in a blender. Add 2 cups green spinach, 1 tbsp. Milk. Grind, if desired, add a few pieces of ice.
- With cabbage and apple. Cut the fourth part of the cabbage fork, 50 g celery, 100 g apple pulp, lettuce into pieces. Grind the ingredients. If the mixture is too thick, add water or apple juice to make it look like the photo.
As you can see, making healthy smoothies to cleanse the body is very simple. But it is important that all the ingredients are fresh and tasty.
Contraindications and harm
Can diet days with smoothies to cleanse the body have contraindications? Unfortunately yes. Such a diet damages the internal organs in some diseases. Unloading days on smoothies are contraindicated:
- with pathologies of the liver and kidneys;
- with violations of the digestive tract (an abundance of fiber causes flatulence and flatulence);
- Pregnancy and lactation (any restrictions at this time are undesirable);
- Allergy to certain fruits, vegetables or lactose in milk drinks (choose foods you can eat in this case).
A smoothie diet will help you stay healthy and lose weight. But don't get carried away: remember that there should be a measure for everything!